Search Committee Resources
Faculty recruitment is an extremely important responsibility which department heads and departmental faculty share with college administrators. Each year our recruitment policies and procedures are reviewed and updated. The process must also take into consideration legal issues as they relate to federal, state and contract laws in order to protect the College and College personnel participating in recruitment as well as candidates. The documents on this page are intended to aid faculty search committees in this process.
If you have any questions or concerns in regard to recruitment, please contact Arleen Orvis, Assistant to the Dean, at ext. 1530 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guidelines for Faculty Diversity in Employment (64 KB PDF Document)Provides direction in the search process for increasing diversity in the candidate pool.
- Interview Questions Guide (94 KB PDF Document)What you can and can't ask in interviews.
- Candidate Evaluation Template (22 KB PDF Document)A sample candidate evaluation tool for search committees.
- Candidate Ranking Form (56 KB PDF Document)A sample candidate ranking form for search committees.
- Student Evaluation Form (15 KB PDF Document)A sample student candidate evaluation form for search committees.
- Student Evaluation Summary (29 KB PDF Document)A sample student evaluation summary for search committees.
- Faculty Search Report (84 KB PDF Document)A template for search committees to provide a report of the search process and recommendation.
- Applicant Log to Send to HR (10 KB Excel Document)This is an excel template to be used to log all applicants. This log should be sent to HR prior to scheduling interviews on campus. HR then sends an email to all applicants to complete a voluntary Applicant Survey as part of Luther's affirmative action program.
- Faculty Recruitment Procedures Checklist (77 KB PDF Document)Search procedure guide.