Outcomes--Class of 2011
The statistics below show that Luther does a great job of preparing students for life after graduation--whether they've landed a job that relates to their career choice, are attending graduate school, or have secured a volunteer service opportunity.
- 62% of the Class of 2011 entered the workforce
- Of those employed, 75% indicated that their current position was related to their career goals
- From a geographic location perspective, 36% accepted positions in Minnesota, 27% in Iowa, 8% in Wisconsin and Illinois, and 29% in other states and countries
- Top employers for the Class of 2011 (including the number of students they hired): Twin Cities Schools (9), Target Corporation (7), Mayo Clinic (5), University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (5), Wells Fargo (5), Minnesota Reading Corps (5), and Best Buy (4).
- 18% of Class of 2011 enrolled in graduate or professional school
- Of those in graduate/professional school, 40% are pursuing master's degrees, 20% are in medical school, 15% are seeking a professional master's, 21% are working toward their doctorates, and 4% are in law school.
- From a geographic location perspective, 27% enrolled at institutions in Minnesota, 27% in Iowa, 6% in Wisconsin, 5% in Illinois, and 35% in other states or countries.
Below is a partial list of institutions where members of the Class of 2011 are currently enrolled as graduate students:
- College Conservatory of Music - University of Cincinnati
- Lutheran School of Theology, Illinois
- Northwestern Health Science University
- University of Iowa
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Oslo (Oslo, Norway)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 7% of the Class of 2011 accepted volunteer assignments that required at least a 10-month commitment
- Top service organizations include Lutheran Volunteer Corps (8), Americorps (6), Peace Corps (1), and ELCA/Poland (1).