Document Center Job Submission
There are three ways to submit jobs to the Document Center:
- TRAC--This is the preferred method for all faculty and staff.
- Electronic Job Ticket
- Use for both electronic files or submitting hard copies for reproduction
- Add details and if necessary any notes about job requirements
- Select exact job due time and date
- Select desired delivery method
- Add billing information if necessary
- E-mail--This is the preferred method for students.
- Send electronic files for reproduction.
- Request you provide necessary job details
- Number of originals--think of this as if you were numbering your jobs pages like a book
- Copies needed
- Paper type--color, weight (think ness)
- Paper size--8 1/2 x 11, 8 1/2 x 14, 11 x 17, Custom (provide size)
- Due date and time
- Number to call for questions
- Specific details if necessary about job requirements
- Job ticket--accepted but would prefer the top two methods are used.
Other helpful information:
- Training about the online submission tool TRAC is available, please call extension #1631 for more information.
- If for any reason a job cannot be completed in the time requested, Document Center staff will immediately notify requestor(s) and assist in identifying alternative arrangements.
- As always, small urgent jobs that are sent or brought to the Document Center will be completed right away.
- Rush jobs submitted via TRAC, under 2,000 impressions, and without special finishing will be completed and ready for pickup within 3 business hours and delivered within 4 business hours of submission. (Finishing services may require additional time).
- A secure chain of custody for duplication and delivery of sensitive materials is available by request. Call the Document Center at extension 1631 for more information.
The following are the types of original forms/files we accept:
- Hard copy--paper form
- Electronic--best reproduction Adobe Design Premium CS5--common formats listed below
- PDF--normally the best choice
- Microsoft Office--common formats listed below
- Photoshop (250 dpi or above)
Please convert any files that have special fonts or pictures into a PDF first before sending it to the Document Center, thus helping to ensure the best reproduction possible.
The original should be designed/created in the same size that you would like it reproduced. (If you create something 7.5 x 10 inches in PowerPoint and want us to print it out 27.5 x 30 inches, any pictures you placed in the file might get distorted/pixelated.) We will make every attempt to produce the highest quality copy but please remember a reproduction is only as good as the original.
Copyright and Fair Use
The following link is provided to you in case you have any questions regarding reproduction of any materials. Luther requires a standard form to be completed for all duplication requests made to Library and Information Services, the Book Shop, or the Document Center. A copy of this form is available for download at the following site.