"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own." - Benjamin Disraeli
As a cooperating teacher, you give of yourself every day. You share your teaching-related knowledge, skills, and values with a Luther pre-service teacher who is in a formative stage both personally and professionally. That novice teacher looks to you for guidance as s/he asks, “What am I doing well, and how can I do better?”
The faculty and students of Luther College thank you for the important role you play in the support of your pre-service teacher and in the overall integrity of the teaching profession. Together, we can help prospective teachers to reflect upon their strengths and challenges. Together, we can help them build upon their current understandings and skills so they are equipped to begin their career with the tools and confidence they need to succeed.
We hope you find this website an easy one-stop spot to find all sorts of information and forms while you are working with the pre-service teacher.
Thank you again,
The Luther College Education department
To help you prepare for the cooperating teacher experience we have created a short video presentation. Please view the video first.
Evaluation of Supervisor by Cooperating Teacher
Student Teaching Evaluation Form
~Fill this evaluation out during the last week of having your student teacher.
- Student Teaching Evaluation Form Preview (348 KB PDF Document)Download to view hard copy of Student Teaching Evaluation Form. DO NOT submit this form! Submit form from link above.
- Narrative Sample (285 KB PDF Document)Samples of Narratives for cooperating teachers.
- Student Teaching Overview and Appendix (228 KB PDF Document)Student_Teaching_Overview_and_Appendix
- Cooperating Teacher Handbook (249 KB PDF Document)Cooperating Teacher Handbook
- W-9 form (104 KB PDF Document)This W-9 form must be filled out and sent in before Luther College is able to process yoru stipend.