Commercial Credit Card Reporting Instructions
Disclaimer: Do not be intimidated by the length of this list of steps. The length is entirely the result of the amount of detail included. The process is quick and easy.
1. Go to https://sdol.mastercard.com/Screen/Login and login with your custom user id and password. Do not contact JP Morgan Chase (JPMC) with password issues because they can be resolved more easily with the OFS. Instead, please contact Renee Lillibridge (x2104) or Andrew Bailey (x1697).
2. Go to the red “Financial” tab
3. Choose the option “Account Summary” from the sub menu
4. Click to fill in the circle next to the “Billing Cycle” search criterion. Select the appropriate billing cycle from the dropdown.
- (Example: the June 2012 billing cycle is from May 5 to June 4, 2012)
- Do not use the date range fields, as they will not match the billing cycle
5. Click “View”
6. Click the link titled “Expand All” to display an accounting codes box for each transaction
- Before selecting an account number, you must click the "Edit Account Codes" button
7. Select the appropriate “Fund-Department” and “Object” values for each transaction
- Some account numbers, (Such as faculty travel and faculty development), require a project ID that should also be selected
- If the account number you need is not available, please contact Andrew in the OFS to have it added
8. Write a description for each transaction
- If you are using a missing receipt form for a charge, please indicate that in the description for that charge and also click the receipt received box
9. Click the receipt box to indicate that you have a receipt for each charge
10. After all of the necessary information is accurately filled in for all of the transactions, click the “Cardholder Reviewed” box for each transaction
11. Click the “Apply” button to save all of the changes and lock the transaction from further cardholder editing
- If you lock your transactions and then need to make a change, please contact Renee Lillibridge or Andrew Bailey to unlock the transactions
12. Go to the red “Reports” tab
13. Choose the option “Run Reports” from the sub menu
14. Select “Expense Report” from the “Report Selection” dropdown
15. Click to fill in the circle next to the “Billing Cycle” search criterion. Select the appropriate billing cycle from the dropdown.
16. Click “Run”
17. Click the Adobe icon labeled “Printable Version”
18. Print the expense report
19. Attach all of the receipts for the charges to the expense report
20. Sign the expense report and send it to your budget center director or designated approver to get his/her signature of approval
- If a cardholder is also the budget center director, then an additional signature is required. If you do not know who should sign your expense report, please contact the OFS.
21. The budget center director or designated approver will then forward the report to the OFS for secure storage
Additional Things to Consider
- The process for allocating charges using a supervisor SDOL account is the same as the process outlined above except that supervisors will be asked to select the individual cardholder for whom they wish to allocate; supervisors select the cardholder by clicking the card number link next to the cardholder name in both the Account Summary and Report tabs
- Every cardholder must allocate his/her transactions to appropriate account numbers, write a short description for each charge, and mark all of his/her transactions as “Cardholder Reviewed” within five days of receiving an email from Andrew in the OFS indicating that the billing cycle has ended and he/she has charges to allocate to expense account numbers
- A cardholder can login to SDOL and allocate a transaction any time after the transaction posts online
- The OFS must receive your printed expense report with all of your receipts, your signature, and your budget center director or designated approver’s signature within three weeks of receiving the end of billing cycle email from Andrew in the OFS
- The receipts to be enclosed with your expense report must be original and itemized; itemized receipts should be obtained at time of purchase (you may need to request an itemized receipt at certain restaurants)
- Luther is sales tax exempt in Iowa and many other states; for more specific sales tax information, please contact Bridget Christopher in the OFS (x1015)
- Your Luther College commercial card should be used, whenever possible, in lieu of travel advances and purchases with personal funds requiring reimbursement
- The cash withdrawal function of the commercial cards is not activated as a default setting, but it can be turned on for employees that are traveling internationally with students; when cash withdrawals are made, receipts are necessary for all of the cash transactions made with the withdrawn cash
- Foreign exchange fees show up as separate transactions on SDOL and must be allocated to the same account number as the transaction for which the fee was charged; foreign exchange fees do not require additional receipts