Make a Planned Gift
Being involved with Luther College over the years has had an enormous impact on our lives. Through our giving, we're pleased to be able to make a 'down payment' on behalf of future generations, whose students will enjoy similar experiences. - David '64 and Camille Kundert, Heritage Club Members
Anyone who has the vision and inclination to provide for Luther College's long-range needs can make a difference through planned giving. We invite you to consider your philanthropic goals and how they intersect with the future of Luther College.
Go directly to Luther's guide to planned giving.
Why are planned gifts important to Luther College?
- They are often substantial, even from persons of modest means.
- They represent financial resources the college can look forward to in the future.
- When mature, they are most often placed in the endowment, which ensures that the college's financial reserves are supplemented and that the gift "keeps on giving" as endowment investments yield annual income.
Why are planned gifts important to you, our donors?
- They are a means for you to make a substantial gift to the college without depleting your day-to-day income or your retirement assets.
- They often provide substantial tax advantages to you; many offer opportunities for lifetime income to you and/or other family members.
- They are a way for you to share in both the present and the future of Luther College
Sounds good. What do I do now?
We encourage you to further explore the planned giving options available to you. If you have questions along the way, please contact Ann Sponberg Peterson, director of development, principal gifts.
I already have Luther in my estate or have provided for a planned gift to Luther. What do I do now?
Thank you for your vision! If you have not notified Luther of your plans, please contact Ann Sponberg Peterson, director of development, principal gifts. Once Luther knows about your plans, you will automatically become a member of the Heritage Club.
How are donors who make planned gifts to Luther College recognized?
Established in 1978, the Luther College Heritage Club is an informal organization for those who have made provisions for future gifts to the college. There is no minimum gift amount required for membership in The Heritage Club. The Heritage Club Recognition Dinner takes place on campus each spring and all members are invited to attend.