Girls Basketball: Border Battle Team Shootout
July 13, 2013
Cost per team: $250
Roster limit: 10; additional members $5 each
The Luther College Girls Basketball Team Camp is designed to give high school teams from around the Midwest the opportunity to compete against each other in a controlled, competitive environment. Nearly all teams who attend camp use each game as preparation for the upcoming season.
[Amanda Bailey]Amanda Bailey, Camp Director
Luther College Women's Basketball Coach
- Named Head Coach March 24, 2011
- Prior to being named head coach she was Luther's top assistant for three years.
- 2005 Graduate of UW-Stevens Point.
- 2007 Masters degree from UW-Stevens Point in General Education.
- While playing for Stevens Point she was a two-time WBCA Kodak All-American.
- 2005 NCAA III National Player of the Year.
- Completed her career as the Pointers all-time leading scorer with 1,801 points.
- Three-times named first-team all-conference and twice was named WIAC Player of the Year.
- Helped lead the Pointers to a record of 101-19 during her career and the 2002 NCAA III national championship and a fourth place finish in the national tournament in 2004.
- As a member of the Pointers track and field team, she was a four-time All-American in the shot put and once in the discus.
[David Foley]David Foley, Assistant Camp Director
Luther College Women's Assistant Basketball Coach
- First year with Norse program.
- 2009 graduate of Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas.
- 2012 Masters of Arts in Sport Administration, Central Michigan University.
- While at Central Michigan University served as a graduate assistant from 2010-12.
- Has worked numerous summer basketball camps in Dallas, Texas area from 2005-10 and while at Central Michigan University.
- Earned all-league recognition in both basketball and baseball at Hendrix College.
- Also serves as Dieseth Hall Director.
Each team is guaranteed 3 games, but may play 4
Games begin at 9:00 am and end in the early evening hours
Team Camp Features
Free camp souvenir
Scorers table responsibilities provided by the camp
All games will be played in the same facility. No traveling from one game to the other.
Full length courts with glass back boards
Every effort will be made to place your team in a pool where it can be competitive against a team you do not play during the regular season.
Luther College Sports Facilities
Regents Center indoor facilities include six tennis courts; a six-lane, 200-meter track; six full-sized basketball courts; 25-yard, six-lane swimming pool; locker, training, and equipment rooms. The Legends Fitness for Life Center offers a strength and fitness facility with its own climbing wall. The outdoor facilities include 12 tennis courts, a cross country race course, fitness trails, and an all-weather track, which was installed in the fall of 2009.
For more information, please contact:
Coach Bailey—phone (563) 387-1584 or e-mail email@example.com
Coach Foley—phone (563) 387-1077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org