Luther Swimming Technique Camp
Note: This camp was originally scheduled for May 30-June 1, 2013. It has now been rescheduled for June 28-30, 2013.
Ages 9-13 (Maximum enrollment: 40)
$130 per swimmer
Second family member $80
Third or more $50
Application deadline: May 24, 2013
Additional camp information: Registration, checkin and checkout information, camp regulations, refund policy, and what to bring to camp
Camp Director: Lance Huber
- Twelfth year as head coach.
- Named Iowa Conference Coach of the Year for both men and women in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- Named Liberal Arts Championships Coach of the Year in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- The Norse men have captured eight of nine Iowa Conference championships, while the women have won seven straight titles since 2005.
- In 2009, the men's team captured its fifth consecutive Liberal Arts Championship.
- In 2012, the women's team claimed its seventh consecutive Liberal Arts title and eighth in school history, the first coming in 2005.
- In 2008 the women's team finished eleventh at the national championships and the men's team finished 30th.
- Joined Luther after two years as head coach at Cumberland College, where he coached 46 NAIA All-Americans.
- Earned 12 NCAA Division II All-American honors while competing for the University of South Dakota.
Along with Coach Huber, additional camp staff will be composed of Luther College swimming team members.
Campers will learn technique methods by breaking down each stroke with drills, training tools, and the use of underwater video. Starts, turns, and racing techniques will also be applied to each swimmer.
Campers must have at least one year of competition swimming.
- June 28-29, 2013: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- June 30: 9 a.m.-Noon.
Luther College Sports Facilities
Regents Center indoor facilities include six tennis courts; a six-lane, 200-meter track; six full-sized basketball courts; 25-yard, six-lane swimming pool; locker, training, and equipment rooms. The Legends Fitness for Life Center offers a strength and fitness facility with its own climbing wall. The outdoor facilities include 12 tennis courts, a cross country race course, fitness trails, and an all-weather track, which was installed in the fall of 2009.
For more information, please contact: