Volleyball Varsity Team Camp II: July 22-23, 2013
July 22-23, 2013
$200 deposit is due by July 1. Registration forms and remaining payment are due upon arrival at camp.
$350 per team (8 player minimum, 12 maximum). We encourage coaches to divide teams if the roster is greater than 16.
Overnight costs: $75/person. Includes one night's housing, pizza party, breakfast and lunch. Additional overnight stay is $25/person and includes breakfast.
Application deadline: July 1, 2013 (6 teams max)
Printable Registration Form--pay by check (payable to Luther College Volleyball) and mail to Danielle Kohut, Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101.
Additional camp information: Registration, check-in and check-out information, camp regulations, refund policy, and what to bring to camp.
- Finished her first year as head coach in regular season 17-14. Had two players make the 2011 Iowa
- Takes over Norse program after serving as a graduate assistant at NCAA II St. Cloud State University (MN), where she was a defensive specialist and setter for the Husky volleyball team from 2003-05.
- Prior to joining the Husky program, she spent a year as an assistant at Willinston State College, N.D., where she helped lead the Tetons to two conference championships, two regional tournaments and one trip to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division II National Tournament prior to transferring to St. Cloud State
- Finished regular season with a JV record of 9-1 and 2nd in the conference tournament.
- 2011 graduate of University of Mississippi with a degree in Theatre Arts
- Prior to joining the Norse staff she served three years as a student assistant at the University of Mississippi
- Started as a freshman at Ole Miss and was the first freshman in school history to be selected to SEC all-freshman team
- Played in 2007 NCAA I National Tournament
- Served as head coach for the Memphis Metro Volleyball Club program
A mix of college and high school coaches as well as past and current Luther volleyball will assist Coaches Kohut and Jones throughout the 2011 summer camps.
Luther College Volleyball is hosting two two-day team camps. Day one of each camp includes three sessions for each team, including a team-building session, a team practice, and a competition session in which teams face each other in controlled scrimmage games. Day two is our annual team competition camp—each team is guaranteed five matches against different opponents. Join us for one or both days!
8:30-9:00 a.m.--Check in
9:00 a.m. -Noon--Session 1
1:30-5:30 p.m.--Individual skills, team drills and competition (Session 2)
5:30-7:00 p.m.--Dinner (pizza)
7:00- 8:30 p.m.--Team bonding activities
9:00 a.m. to Noon--Competition and awards
Written or e-mailed cancellation notice that is received five or more business days prior to the first day of camp will result in a full refund, less the non-refundable $50 deposit.
Housing and Meals
Campers live in a comfortable, air-conditioned residence hall on the Luther campus and eat in the Dahl Centennial Union dining hall. College athletes serve as camps counselors and provide full supervision and help direct all camp activities. Medical services for campers are available through local clinics, as well as the emergency room at the Winneshiek Medical Center. Individual campers are responsible for any medication, and hospital and physician fees.
Luther College Sports Facilities
Regents Center indoor facilities include six tennis courts; a six-lane, 200-meter track; six full-sized basketball courts; 25-yard, six-lane swimming pool; locker, training, and equipment rooms. The Legends Fitness for Life Center offers a strength and fitness facility with its own climbing wall. The outdoor facilities include 12 tennis courts, a cross country race course, fitness trails, and an all-weather track.
For more information contact:
Summer Camps Office—phone (563) 387-1309 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Kohut—phone 563-387-1496, e-mail email@example.com
Jackie Jones-- phone 563-387-1496, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org