The Prairie Houses are two-story residences located in residential neighborhoods within a five-minute walk of the Luther campus. Named for the Lutheran congregations that founded the college, Spring Prairie, Rock Prairie, and Jefferson Prairie provide groups of seven students of the same sex the opportunity to live together as a peer group.
Eligible students have earned 72 or more credits by the end of fall semester of their junior year.
- Full kitchen (meal plans are optional for residents)
- Living room (residents are required to provide their own furniture)
- One, two, and three-person bedrooms, furnished with a twin bed, dresser, desk, and desk chair for each student
- Dining space (residents are required to provide their own furniture)
- Wireless network access available in all houses, no DSL modems will be issued
- Each bedroom and the living room are wired for cable TV
- Washer and dryer in each house
- No smoking is allowed anywhere in the houses