Voter Registration Information
Luther College is required by the federal government and by the State of Iowa to provide information to students on voting and voter registration. Luther will assist in registering new voters and will provide voter registration forms.
Students who are U.S. citizens have the following options for choosing the place of residence when they register to vote:
• Students may register to vote using the school address as their place of residence. Luther students, irrespective of their home state or county, may register to vote as a resident of Winneshiek County, Iowa by completing the Iowa Voter Registration Form. Completed forms should be sent to the Winneshiek County Auditor’s Office, 210 W. Main St., Decorah, Iowa 52101.
• Students may register to vote in the state and county of their home address. Iowa residents should complete the Iowa Voter Registration Form and submit it to the county auditor’s office at their home address. Students from other states should complete the National Voter Registration Form and submit it to the state election commission.
Students are encouraged to obtain additional information about voting at:
• United States Election Assistance Commission, http://www.eac.gov/
• National Voter Registration Form, http://www.eac.gov/files/voter/nvra_update.pdf
• Iowa Voting and Elections Information, http://www.sos.state.ia.us/elections/
• Iowa Voter Registration Form, http://www.sos.state.ia.us/pdfs/elections/voteapp.pdf
Students may also obtain additional assistance and information from the Student Life Office.