The Student Research Symposium is a full-day event held each spring to celebrate the vibrant intellectual life and learning at Luther. Students share their research and creative work with fellow students, faculty, staff, alumni/ae, parents, and the broader community.
The next Research Symposium will be held on Friday, May 3, 2013. Classes are suspended for the day, to allow all community members to participate. The Symposium will highlight the best fruits of the scholarship, research, and creative activity of students from disciplines across the college, and will feature:
- An opening plenary session, with festival music and examples of individual and collaborative research from this year
- Concurrent sessions throughout the day in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts, featuring oral presentations and performances and offering opportunity for discussion with the presenters
- A session dedicated to poster presentations, where the community can pause, ponder, and converse with the students involved
- Presentations of the best research projects completed by our first-year Paideia 112 students
- Evening events that showcase the performing arts, including the Opera Performance Workshop and a Theatre Performance
All Luther students are encouraged to consider submitting an abstract by Friday, March 15. For more information, click here: http://www.luther.edu/symposium/abstract/.
Come join us for this inspiring event!